Tuesday, April 15, 2008

18 to 63

I heard this from an old woman as she was leaving Chicago.

Girl you gotta make things happen
or things will just keep happenin to you….


She said:
You come here young at 18, and
Blink, you’re 63
All those things you collected
You just give them out for free

I couldn’t sleep when I got here
The sirens drove me nuts
Do people really manage with
No Ifs and buts?

But then I slept so soundly
That I woke up just right now
45 years are over
And I still can’t figure how

Girl you gotta make things happen
or things will just keep happenin to you….

Well, I had just moved to Chicago,
and I wanted her rocking chair,
the sirens weren’t my problem ,
but my apartment was pretty bare…

1 comment:

silhouette said...

hey... i've been wanting to comment for a long while, just haven't found the time.
This song is too COOL!!!
But you need to add another verse or line or something. The end isn't conclusive enough.
I thought there should be at least one comment. It is a travesty to ignore it!!
:)
Cheers